We are looking for a trustworthy and hardworking individual to join our team in Bridgend.
Easystore Self-Storage is an established self-storage company that has been trading for 14 years. The company has two facilities in Bridgend and Cardiff and caters for a wide range of both commercial and domestic customers.
This role has been created to maintain and improve the existing facility management and to ensure that the company mission of providing an excellent customer experience is adhered to.
Individuals and businesses using our services entrust us with their valuable, important and sentimental items and require absolute certainty that we will act as trusted custodians of their belongings.
Manual handling and data protection training will be provided.
- Energetic, friendly and enthusiastic person with an ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- An ability and willingness to upkeep and maintain company property.
- A keen eye for detail – cleanliness and attention to detail are central to our customers’ experience.
- An ability to engage with customers and offer guidance as to unit suitability.
- An ability to empathise with customers who can be experiencing a stressful period of transition, e.g. moving house, bereavement and relationship breakdown.
- An ability to provide customers with absolute peace of mind that their items are safe with us.
- A willingness to be flexible.
- An ability and willingness to act responsively to emerging issues.
- Be fit, healthy and able to undertake a physically demanding role
- Be a team player.
- Be flexible in working hours.
- Appreciation of safe working practices and its importance in the workplace
- Be proficient with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Job Title: Self-Storage Facility Manager
Responsible to: Managing Director
Responsible for: General facility management and customer-interface
Contract: Part-time. Three days a week – Tue, Thurs and Fri. 6 hours per day from 10am to 4pm plus 10am to 12pm on Saturday mornings. Total of 20 hours per week plus flexible and emergency cover as required.
Remuneration: £11 per hour plus health package and gym membership.
Holidays are calculated at the basic statutory requirement and include bank holidays.
- Empathise with customers and demonstrate excellent customer service at all times.
- Interact with customers via telephone, email and letter in a courteous, coherent and professional manner.
- Manage the day-to-day running of the facility and ensure that all services are set up and delivered to the required performance standards.
- Work with your colleagues to ensure that uniform standards are maintained and keep an updated log of all housekeeping duties that require completion.
- Regularly review the access-control records to monitor customer movements as well as handling delinquent tenants that have access restrictions placed on their accounts.
- Administer customer credits that may be due upon vacate.
- Assist with the identification of opportunities for improvements and cost reduction. Also required to employ targeted pricing policies designed to reflect customer usage.
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of records and to adhere to data protection standards. The role involves keeping accurate and constantly-updated diarised notes of all communications with customers.
- Ensure the overall safety and security of the storage environment.
- Be available for out-of-hours call out, e.g. meet with customers outside of our normal operating hours on an occasional ad-hoc basis.
- Be available to cover holiday periods which might require working up to 5 days per week.
- Be willing and able to handle all sales enquiries and emergency call outs as the primary responder during periods of holiday cover.
- Respond to emergency situations requiring site attendance.
- Liaise with contractors when required.
- Ensure deliveries are directed to the correct units.
- Carry out all paperwork duties accurately.
- Ensure customers avoid personal injury to themselves and/or equipment loss to the company by following procedures.
- Operate the Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) in a safe and efficient manner, reporting any faults to the MD.
- Oversee and adhere to strict policies about unit and van rentals and ensure the highest standards of cleanliness. This will involve regular inspections of the van and reacting to any maintenance issues that may arise
- Enforced the highest standards of cleanliness in communal areas, vacated units and toilets and keep outside areas clean and presentable.
- Make routine daily inspections of all areas of the facility and to act responsively to any issues that arise as a consequence including ensuring all spillages/ breakages are cleared immediately.
- Complete ad hoc duties as is reasonable.
Closing date & interview details
The closing date for applications is Monday, 22nd August 2016.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday, 31st August 2016 in Bridgend.
To apply for this position
You can download an application form by clicking here
If you would like to download this job specification form, please click here
Please send completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org